ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
We are looking for a skillful and results-driven leader to assist in overseeing production for our Facility in Hamilton, OH. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing and be very comfortable balancing change management with strong process development. Great people skills and grit are essential, as well as the ability to ensure the team works collaboratively to drive results.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage high tech, food production facility with a strong focus on delivery, people management, safety, quality, and cost
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage a team of salaried and hourly employees. Drive expectations, standards, and culture in alignment with overarching Company culture and values
- Drive continuous improvement to increase yield, reduce cost, and improve quality
- Partner closely cross-functionally to solve problems related to growing, process improvement, quality, maintenance, etc.
- Ensure that impeccable standards for food safety, GMPs, and process controls met while also meeting production standards.
- Engage in people processes across the site including performance management, recruiting and staffing, training, and employee development
- Maintain an open dialogue with commercial teams regarding produce availability and forecasting
- Follow all safety requirements and maintain a safe work environment for all team members
- Accountable for farm operatory budget and inventory control
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years in food production and/or operations roles with progressive leadership experience
- Knowledge of food sanitation processes, procedures, and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, science, engineering or business or equivalent experience
- Positive and professional communication skills. Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization including hourly, peer, and leadership
- Strong people management skills including coaching, performance management, and hands on development
- Willingness and aptitude to engage in continuous learning about indoor crop production and maintenance as well as the broader controlled environment/vertical farming industry
- Strong problem solving and agility to operate in an environment with developing processes, coupled with ability to create and implement processes and standards
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment
- Willingness and ability to work some weekends, holiday, and/or off shift hours when required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new products, engage in technical conversations and help translate from R&D and engineering to operations
- Ability to apply manufacturing skills to a non-factory environment
- Experience at a startup greenfield or brownfield facility
- Aptitude and experience dealing with a technical product where processes and standards may not be fully developed
- Health, dental, and vision insurance starting day one of employment- Health insurance plans start at $5/month
- Minimum 2 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid health & wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.