Indoor Farm Technician
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
We are looking for responsible individuals who take pride in their work and are interested in being a part of a company that is changing the way the world eats. You will support the mission by providing basic crop handling that includes leafy green seeding, pruning, and harvesting as well as keeping a keen eye on quality. You will learn basic indoor vertical farming skills as well as good manufacturing practices critical to food safety and the safety of our team.
This is a great entry level position that provides a foundation that supports growth in multiple career paths including operations, quality and growing.
If you are someone who is energized by purposeful work, has passion for learning new skills, and craves a goal-oriented, team mentality environment we want to talk to you!
We value time off!
Schedules are (4)10-hour days starting at 8AM; Wednesday-Saturday
- Assisting in seeding and transplanting, and harvesting of crops
- Performing health checks
- Placing product into totes for packing
- Removing plant debris
- Cleaning and sanitizing work area routinely
- Following good manufacturing practices to ensure continuous safety and efficiency
- Reporting all possible deficiencies or practices to Supervisor that could compromise food safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Capacity to stand/walk for the entirety of the shift
- Willingness to learn to operate machinery
- Ability to commit to a set schedule that includes one weekend day shift
- Ability to provide proof of work eligibility through E-Verify
- Must be at least 18 years old
BENEFITS WE OFFER YOU
- Starting hourly rate of $16/hr + annual increases based on performance
- Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 1-week paid health & wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.