ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100%renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to-end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
If you are an organized, outgoing, and knowledgeable individual who is passionate about the 80 Acres Farms brand, skilled at communicating that information to others and managing a team, this might be the position for you! This individual will interact with company management, retail and foodservice customers, social media influencers and the public on a regular basis and drive brand awareness through customer service, strategic retail demos, community events and other customer relationships. This position will require weekend work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Manage a team of regional Field Marketers to drive brand outreach (e.g., in-store sampling events, collaborations with local restaurants and other partners, participation in community events – i.e., Earth Day festivals, Museum Day Outs) and retail merchandising (e.g., maintaining80 Acres Farms product presentation in grocery stores)
- Act as a coach, mentor, and sounding board for staff, keep them informed of new information through regular meetings, and be the voice of the Field Marketers to the 80 Acres Farms management team
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of 80 Acres Farms products and consumer benefits, target consumers, and Field Marketing and Retail Merchandising policies and procedures. Provide training to Field Marketers and other regional team members and third parties as needed
- Lead training, scheduling, communication, and payroll (timecard review and approval) of regional Field Marketing team
- Drive and manage company vehicles for events and local VIP customer deliveries, including refueling, washing, and monitoring/reporting vehicle status for maintenance
- Manage supply and maintenance of field marketing materials, consumables, tools, podiums, coolers, etc.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional manner towards team members, customers and public
- Collect and maintain records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints. Create consolidated reports to share with leadership team
- Organize and oversee the set up and staffing of public-facing community and customer events and product sampling events in the region. Problem-solve as needed to deliver goals. May include being part of the event working team
- Ensure that company standards and protocols are followed and take corrective action as needed for continuous improvement
- Support the hiring of team members
- Ability to travel to nearby cities for team training and to build brand awareness
- Other duties as assigned
- Retail management and/or merchandising experience a plus
- Passion for marketing and brand building
- Experience coaching, training, and supervising others; comfortable enforcing company policies and procedures as appropriate and for ongoing performance improvement
- Skilled at interacting with the public in a customer or product support role
- Strong communication, problem solving and leadership skills
- Computer proficiency
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work weekend events
- Clean driving record
BENEFITS WE OFFER YOU
- Day One health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- 1-weekpaid health & wellness time
- 10paid holidays
- 401kwith 4% company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.