Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Work Location: Hamilton, OH
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for establishing sourcing and fulfillment strategies across the organization that enable success of existing business as well as new business growth. The incumbent will drive improvements based on key performance indicators and enable cross-functional alignment to increase effectiveness of sourcing function.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Lead analysis, design, and transformation of Supply Chain Management process
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives and negotiate deals to optimize purchasing value
- Negotiating contracts including costs, terms of supply, service, and quality to successfully support company objectives and profitable growth
- Develop method on stock inventory planning & management
- Develop strategy and conduct commodity RFQs
- Analyze and calculate procurement costs and develop effective cost reduction strategies
- Create pricing models with measurable service level/performance criteria
- Conduct market research to stay current on industry trends and develop costing estimates and forecasts
- Identify, evaluate and manage relationships with key suppliers
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing with an emphasis in supporting consumer goods, fresh produce, packaging and/or industrial organization
- Sourcing experience across multiple channels and industries, perishable products and/or fresh produce experience preferred
- Past experience working with for one of the major management consulting firms is a plus
- Experience building and executing sourcing and fulfillment strategy
- Ability to successfully manage customer relationships
- Excellent EQ, interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to effectively engage externally and internally at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate cross functionally and make decisions to support profitable growth
- Inclusive and creative problem-solver with a passion for continuous learning
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- 80 Acres Farms offers a highly competitive package including the following:
- Health, dental and vision insurance from day-one
- Paid vacation as well as paid health and wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K with up to 4% company match Company-paid life insurance