Maintenance Technician (1)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
We are looking for self-motivated and driven individuals who can support and promote a team atmosphere. This individual will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems. Strong time management and organizational skills is a must.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Care for machinery and equipment by completing preventative maintenance, including lubricating moving components, adjusting parts
- Daily examination of equipment for assigned area to identify signs of excessive wear, defects, and damage
- Repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they are always in proper working order
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, including painting, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, and heating/ventilation systems
- Track work progress in Maintenance System
- Must follow GMPs and comply with all safety regulations
- Determine and troubleshoot issues
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow instructions from Maintenance Lead
- Understanding of Mechanical systems
- Adaptability to fast-paced environment and quickly evolving processes
- Knowledge on electrical/Industrial controls
- HVAC (EPA 608 certified, preferred)
- Ability to operate machinery, use a ladder, & lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
BENEFITS WE OFFER YOU
- Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
- 2-weeks paid vacation
- 1-week paid health & wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.