Vice President, Controller & Accounting
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
80 Acres Farms is a vertical farming leader, operating eight indoor farms built with world-class technology and analytics by the Company's tech-focused subsidiary, Infinite Acres. The Company grows a variety of pesticide-free fresh foods that last longer in consumers' homes and exceed the highest standards in food safety. Its salad blends, microgreens, herbs, tomatoes, and cucumbers are available from retailers including Kroger, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Jungle Jim's Markets, and Dorothy Lane Market, as well as foodservice distributors including Sysco and US Foods. 80 Acres is supported by a world-class group of investors and partners, including General Atlantic, Siemens, Blue Earth Capital, BeyondNetZero, Barclays, Ocado, Priva and Signify.
Vice President, Controller & Accounting is responsible accounting, AP, AR, and audit teams. The role is accountable for financial statements, reporting and compliance, the annual audit process, cash management and transactions, and ad hoc analysis. The incumbent will drive accountability based on key performance indicators and enable alignment across organization to increase effectiveness of processes. The ideal candidate will be mission driven and a strong people leader.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Lead the Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable teams
- Lead and own the monthly close process, responsible for continuing to mature and innovate our current processes
- Develop corporate accounting reporting, policies and procedures and ensure they are in full compliance with GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting standards
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency
- Be responsible for and direct remediation plans when deficiencies are noted in testing of internal controls
- Work with external auditors and other advisors to ensure efficient and effective audits with timely filings
- Lead the Finance team through the annual audit process and be the main point to inform leadership in its results
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to create and maintain innovative KPIs to drive efficiency, accountability, and world class processes
- Set the standard as a leader and coach for high and increasing levels of employee engagement and job satisfaction through development and mentoring
- Partner effectively with other Finance team members and non-Finance functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements
- 10+ years of experience dealing with complex accounting matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Active CPA license (or international equivalent)
- Proven experience developing and leading a high-performing finance teams
- Preferred prior experience in a public company and/or with major accounting firm experience
- Track record of demonstrating strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues
- Professional acumen and demonstrated ability in addressing business and accounting issues, including strong ability to explain easy and complex issues and concepts to all levels of management and the finance team
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with FP&A and senior leaders to showcase the company's financial results
- Self-motivated team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to individuals at all levels on the finance team
- Experience to be able to manage (with advisors) any tax and treasury items before we grow out those functions internally
- Direct responsibility preparing financial statements
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve with an entrepreneurial spirit
OTHER INFORMATION 80 Acres Farms offers a highly competitive package including the following:
- Health, dental and vision insurance from day-one
- Paid vacation as well as paid health and wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- Company-paid life insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.