ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
This position is responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment for our Hamilton Farm Campus. Duties include negotiating pricing with suppliers, identifying new vendors, and managing inventory of current products while ensuring on time delivery to support farm operations. This role is organized as part of our replenishment buying team and will operate from our Headquarter location in Hamilton, OH.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Creation and tracking of weekly farm supply orders and deliveries
- New item data – price updates – farm ordering document updates
- PO follow-up
- Accounts Payable communications for timely receipt and payment
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Operations, Receiving, Warehousing to ensure that expectations and constantly met
- Monitor open purchase order and open transfer report for proper closure
- Supplier documentation and tracking
- Specification documents – SDS for Quality department
- Maintain raw material pricing files and updates
- Process all claims and returns, and bring them to a timely closure
- Procure special items for farm managers, engineering, and maintenance as needed
- Analyze and set minimum stocking levels for critical raw materials, parts, and/or equipment to minimize stock outs and product disruptions
- Monitor inventory levels, adjust reorder points, min/max levels and lead times to maximize production levels. Work closely with demand planning/forecasting to achieve highest possible accuracy
- Purchase from approved/awarded suppliers to support production, and equipment needs to satisfy minimum order points, and production demands
- Farm Supply Inventory planning support
- Inventory corrections from the weekly farm counts for all Operation Supplies
- On site spot inventory counts and corrections all local farms
- Weekly Cycle Count assistance and adherence to process
- Facilitate the quarterly and Year End Inventory counts and compilation of data for analysis
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
- Strong Decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Organized and experience handling multiple task and projects
- Solid telephone and oral communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- 1-3 years of Purchasing or Sourcing Experience
- Working knowledge of Purchasing polices, processes and procedures
- Microsoft Excel Skills are required
- Health, dental, and vision insurance starting day one of employment- Health insurance plans start at $5/month
- Minimum 2 weeks paid vacation
- 1-week paid health & wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.