Lead Continuous Improvement Specialist
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
The Lead Continuous Improvement Specialist leads process improvement projects at the 80 Acres production farm where they are assigned. This role will utilize lean manufacturing principles to identify, develop, and implement improvements that result in higher yields and process efficiency and improved environmental sustainability.
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) events at production farms to identify, prioritize, develop, and implement process improvement opportunities
- Identify and quantify improvement opportunities
- Manage and improve the standard process documentation
- Develop and implement visual tools to improve communication, drive key production metrics
- Incorporate sustainability metrics into the continuous improvement projects to drive measurable advances in performance
- Work collaboratively with Operations to guide, train, and create a culture of continuous improvement
- Follow all safety requirements and strive to maintain a safe work environment
- Minimum of 3 years in continuous improvement focused roles - industrial, manufacturing, food production preferred
- BS in applicable technical field preferred
- Experienced facilitator and motivational leader
- Experience in Lean / Six Sigma environment
- Food processing experience preferred
- Creative problem-solving and rapid prototyping skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical thinking skills
- Health, dental, and vision insurance starting day one of employment- Health insurance plans start at $5/month
- Paid Time Off- Minimum of 2 weeks
- 1-week paid health & wellness time
- 10 paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
Statistics show that underrepresented communities don’t apply for a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Don’t worry if you think you can’t check every box on the list; we’ll provide all the on-the-job training you need.
80 Acres Farms is an equal opportunity employer. You’re defined by more than just your job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions, your take on the world, and everything else that makes you unique. We strive to be to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work.
80 Acres Farms participates in E-Verify. As required by law, your employment with the Company is contingent upon you providing legal proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration.